To the question, "Why war in Iraq". Do any of these ring a bell.
- Sirhan Sirhan shots and kills Bobby Kennedy, 1968;
- Massacre at the Munich Olympics, 1972;
- Iran Embassy Hostages, 1979;
- Beirut, Lebanon Embassy 1983;
- Beirut, Lebanon Marine Barracks 1983;
- Achille Lauro hijacked and American murdered and throw overboard, 1985;
- TWA plane hijacked at Athens and US Navy diver murdered, 1985;
- Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am flight to New York 1988;
- First New York World Trade Center attack 1993;
- Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Khobar Towers Military complex 1996;
- Nairobi, Kenya US Embassy 1998;
- Dares Salaam, Tanzania US Embassy 1998;
- Aden, Yemen USS Cole 2000;
- New York World Trade Center 9-11-2001;
- Pentagon 9-11-2001;
- Bali night club bombing 2004;
- Madrid subway bombing 2004;
- London subway bombings July 2005;
When these stop we can stop. If we stop before, these will continue.
This has nothing to do with oil or big business.
They will not compromise, they will not negotiate, they will not stop of their own volition. They will only be stopped the hard way. It's called war. We did not ask for it. We did not start this. But if we stop, they won't.
By the way, they are only a few years away from nuclear weapons. Should we wait until they use them before we stop them.
June 1, 2003