|RITA RUDNER'S FACTS ABOUT MEN
AJ's FACTS ABOUT WOMEN.
- Men like to barbecue. Men will cook if danger is involved.
- Men who have pierced ears are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.
- Marrying a divorced man is ecologically responsible. In a world where there are more women than men, it pays to recycle.
- Men are very confident people. My husband is so confident that when he watches sports on television, he thinks that if he concentrates he can help his team. If the team is in trouble, he coaches the players from our living room, and if they're really in trouble, I have to get off the phone in case they call him.
- Men like phones with lots of buttons. It makes them feel important.
- Men love to be the first to read the newspaper in the morning. Not being the first is upsetting to their psyches.
- All men are afraid of eyelash curlers. I sleep with one under my pillow, instead of a gun.
- A good place to meet a man is at the dry cleaner. These men usually have jobs and bathe.
- All men hate to hear "We need to talk about our relationship." These seven words strike fear in the heart of even General Schwartzkopf.
- Men are sensitive in strange ways. If a man has built a fire and the last log does not burn, he will take it personally.
- Men have an easier time buying bathing suits. Women have two types: depressing and more depressing. Men have two types: nerdy and not nerdy.
- Men have higher body temperatures than women. If your heating goes out in winter, I recommend sleeping next to a man. Men are like portable heaters that snore.
- Women take clothing much more seriously than men. I've never seen a man walk into a party and say "Oh, my God, I'm so embarrassed; get me out of here. There's another man wearing a black tuxedo."
- Most men hate to shop. That's why the men's department is usually on the first floor of a department store, two inches from the door.
- If a man prepares dinner for you and the salad contains three or more types of lettuce, he is serious.
- If you're dating a man who you think might be "Mr. Right," if he a) got older, b) got a new job, or c) visited a psychiatrist, you are in for a nasty surprise. The cocoon-to-butterfly theory only works on cocoons and butterflies.
- No man is charming all of the time. Even Cary Grant is on record saying he wished he could be Cary Grant.
- When four or more men get together, they talk about sports.
- When four or more women get together, they talk about men.
- Men are less sentimental than women. No man has ever seen the movie "THE WAY WE WERE" twice, voluntarily.
- Most women are introspective: "Am I in love? Am I emotionally and creatively fulfilled?" Most men are outrospective: "Did my team win? How's my car?"
- If a man says, "I'll call you," and he doesn't, he didn't forget... he didn't lose your number... he didn't die. He just didn't want to call you.
- Men hate to lose. I once beat my husband at tennis. I asked him, "Are we going to have sex again?" He said, "Yes, but not with each other."
- Getting rid of a man without hurting his masculinity is a problem. "Get out" and "I never want to see you again" might sound like a challenge. If you want to get rid of a man, I suggest saying, "I love you... I want to marry you... I want to have your children." Sometimes they leave skid marks.
- Men are self-confident because they grow up identifying with superheroes. Women have bad self-images because they grow up identifying with Barbie.
- Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles.
- Men forget everything; women remember everything.
- That's why men need instant replays in sports. They've already forgotten what happened.
- Women especially love a bargain. The question of "need" is irrelevant, so don't bother pointing it out. Anything on sale is fair game.
- Women never have anything to wear. Don't question the racks of clothes in the closet; you "just don't understand".
- Women will always ask questions that have no right answer, in an effort to trap you into feeling guilty.
- Women need to feel like there are people worse off than they are. That's why soap operas and Oprah Winfrey-type shows are so successful.
- Women hate bugs. Even the strong-willed ones need a man around when there's a spider or a wasp involved.
- Women always go to public restrooms in groups. It gives them a chance to gossip.
- Women can't refuse to answer a ringing phone, no matter what they're doing. It might be the lottery calling.
- Women never understand why men love toys. Men understand that they wouldn't need toys if women had an "on/off" switch.
- Women think all beer is the same.
- Women keep three different shampoos and two different conditioners in the shower.
- After a woman showers, the bathroom will smell like a tropical rain forest.
- Women don't understand the appeal of sports. Men seek entertainment that allows them to escape reality. Women seek entertainment that reminds them of how horrible things could be.
- If a man goes on a seven-day trip, he'll pack five days worth of clothes and will wear some things twice; if a woman goes on a seven-day trip she'll pack 21 outfits because she doesn't know what she'll feel like wearing each day.
- Women do not know anything about cars. "Oil-stick, oil doesn't stick?"
- The average number of items in a typical woman's bathroom is 437. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.
- Women love to talk on the phone. A woman can visit her girlfriend for two weeks, and upon returning home, she will call the same friend and they will talk for three hours.
- A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the garbage, answer the phone, read a book, or get the mail.
- Women do NOT want an honest answer to the question, 'How do I look?'
- "Oh, nothing," has an entirely different meaning in woman-language than it does in man-language.
- All women are overweight by definition, don't argue with them about it.
- All women are overweight by definition, don't agree with them about it.
- If it is not Valentines day, and you see a man in a flower shop, you can probably start up a conversation by asking, "What did you do?"
- Women never check to see if the lid is up. They seem to prefer taking a flying butt leap towards the bowl and then chewing men out because they "left the seat up" instead of taking two seconds and lowering it themselves.
- Women can get out of speeding tickets by pouting. This will get men arrested.