i7-4960x -- Server
Start Date: 2014-02-01
- The web pages are finally working. All three computers
access the php address page. The other two computers
are kubuntu and could also access the php portfolio
page. This one is ubuntu and it couldn't. Details on
on the web page fiasco are on the Master and setup
pages but the portfolio error message on this
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user
'jim'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/jim/Common/www/lynchjim.com/html/PhpScripts/Prtf/index.php
on line 24
- The difference in the address and portfolio files, address first
- $link = mysql_connect( "localhost", "www-data", "" )
- $link = mysql_connect( "localhost", "", "" )
- I made it www-data in both files. Problem solved. But why a
problem only on this computer and not the other two.
- That date is approximate. Upgrades to kubuntu 14.04
went so well on two computers that I upgrades the
server. That is when I found out the web page doesn't
work on any of them. I've been fighting it every since.
- Somehow, unplugging and plugging in
MASTER, this computer froze up. I had
to hard reboot. Possibly disabling
the KVM, dangling KVM cables, maybe
moving cables at the network switch.
I don't know, now it's fine.
- When you log in the system notifies
you that "4 packages can be updated.
3" ... " are security updates."
*** System restart required ***
When you apt-get update and upgrade,
there is nothing there.
- 2014-05-07 16:00:00 (4PM)
- Isolating MASTER lockup
- Swaped ram between MASTER and i7-4960x (Server).
- Found both had two tall sticks and two short sticks.
- Put all the tall in MASTER. All the short in
- mysql runs address.sql real slow.
- show variables;
- mysql> set global storage_engine=MyISAM;
- mysql> set storage_engine=MyISAM;
- Problem: InnoDB is ACID (Atomicity, Consistency,
Isolation, Durability) compliant and hence
fully transactional with ROLLBACK, COMMIT and
support for Foreign Keys. MyISAM is not.
- Problem: setting the storage engine is not persistent. It must
be reset every time mysql starts up (every reboot).
- Operating System
- Ubuntu 12.04.4 Server LTS (precise pangolin) 64 bit
- GNU/Linux 3.2.0-58-generic x86_64
- Intel i7-4960x
- 6 Cores, 3.6 GHZ, 15 MB Cache, LGA2011
- 130 W, 22 nm, 64 GB max RAM
- S/N 2W332099A0672
- Product Code: BX80633174960X
- S-spec: SR1AS, MM#: 931648
- Batch#: 3334B692
- ASUS P9X79 LE
- LGA2011 socket, X79 chipset
- Quad-channel DDR3 up to 64GB
- SATA 6GB, SLI/CFX, e_SATA3G, Gigabit LAN
- 8ch Audio, USB3
- S/N: E1M0AD561803
- Part No: 90-MIBIM0-G0AAU0KZ
- 32GB (4x8) of DDR3 1600MHz (0.6ns) RAM Kingston
KVR16N11H/8 64 bits
- serial: 380E1FF
- slot: ChannelA_Dimm1
- serial: AF0F0303
- slot: ChannelB_Dimm1
- serial: 881FCC3C
- slot: ChannelC_Dimm1
- serial: 841F013C
- slot: ChannelD_Dimm1
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
- r/w speeds: 540 520 97 66
- S/N: S1D8NSAF191931H
- WWN: 50025388A01CE804, P/N:MZ7TE250HMHP
- Model: MZ-7TE250, KCC-REM-SEC-MZ-7TE250
- Rosewill Challenger
- 3 fans, 1 in front, 1 in rear, 1 on top
- mesh front and back
- Power Supply:
- CORSAIR CX600M
- 600W, SKU: CP-9020060-NA/RF
- CPU Cooler:
- Thermaltake NiC F4
- P/N: CLP0606
- piece of shit
- Video Card:
- GIGABYTE GV-N95TD3-512i
- nVidia GeForce 9500 GT GPU chipset
- 32 gpus, 512MB GDDR3 memory, 128-bit
- Card Bus: PCI-E 2.0